“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” – Mae West
We’re already two weeks into 2017, and as with any new year, this one too brings monumental changes for this one little person in this one little corner of the interweb. Those of you who hang around here on irregular intervals might remember my 2016-list, a list of goals to complete (or not) for the past year. You can find it here. Like I mentioned last year, I’m not much of a fan of New Year’s resolutions. But I do like goals and lists. Especially lists. So this year I will continue the “tradition” and make a list of things I want to do in the year to come. To be smarter, cooler, more appreciative of life and such things.
This will be a year of change. After nearly 6 years abroad, I’m moving back to Norway. And after nearly 9 years in academia, I’ve finished my second master’s degree and am headed for full-time employment. It’s scary and exciting, and my 2017-list reflects these changes. Here’s to hoping they’ll help me make 2017 the best one yet.
- Sleep under the stars
- Be a pescetarian for a week
- Read 35 books
- Donate blood
- Build a snowman
- Go hiking in at least 5 different countries
- Write a short story
- Learn how to cook a new delicious meal
- Host a dinner party and serve said delicious meal
- Visit 5 different museums in Oslo
- Say yes to something I would not normally do
- Ride a camel
- Go camping
- Watch an Elvis-movie
- Complete 50 push-ups in one go
- Take a free online class
- Learn to identify 10 constellations
- Attend a ballet class (for nostalgia’s sake)
- Read War & Peace, by Tolstoy <– started reading it in 2016, will(!) finish it in 2017.
- Continue to take one photo every day
- Take the subway to a place I’ve never been before, and go explore
- Find the perfect pair of ballet flats
The last one was on my list last year too. Who knew it was so hard to find a decent pair of black ballet flats? I believe 2017 will be the year it finally happens though (fingers crossed).
What are your 2017-goals?
* the photos are from Davos, Switzerland